Office of Research
Associate Dean for Research
- Is an active member of the VC for Research Associate Dean's leadership team where they promote and protect the research interest of the college.
- Works collaboratively with individual faculty members, departments, and centers in advancing the college's overall research and scholarship missions.
- Implements programs to support externally funded research and faculty development activities to enhance the college's research endeavors.
- Coordinates the college's activities with the university's research support offices.
- Promotes and coordinates collaborative research and interdisciplinary efforts with other ECU colleges, external academic collaborators, and partnerships with local, state, national and international groups.
- Point of contact for cost sharing commitments to a project on behalf of the college.
- Resolves research-related issues regarding F&A distribution and waiver, time and effort commitment, voluntary cost share/match, etc.
Grants Program Specialist
- Assists faculty with proposal development to ensure compliance with
sponsor guidelines and university policies and procedures.
- Navigates and monitors grant administration within the RAMSES system
ensuring that the information is complete and accurate and all
required attachments are available for review/submission.
- Assists with the identification of external funding sources.
- Coordinates with the Division of Research and Graduate Studies in the
dissemination of external funding opportunities.
- Coordinates mid- to large-scale collaboration projects.
- Provides or organizes one-on-one or group training as required.
- Conducts and coordinates training on RAMSeS, ECU policies, writing effective budget justifications and other themes related to improving proposal content in adherence to federal guidelines.
- Updates the website.