This page reports information required by the Planning Accreditation Board (PAB)
to be made publicly accessible.
Cost for Full-time Students for One Academic Year
Annual (2013-2014) Cost of Tuition and Fees, ECU:
In-state: $6,143, including $3,959 tuition and $2,184 fees.
Out-of-state: $20,256, including $18,072 tuition and $2,184 fees.
Student Achievement as Defined by the Program
Student achievement means that students will:
- Succeed in life, civically, professionally, and personally.
- Have the knowledge and the skills needed to prepare plans, conduct independent research, manage planning issues and problems, and make significant decisions.
- Develop sufficient depth in functional and substantive areas of planning to attain expertise in a specialized planning area such as community development, coastal planning, environmental planning or urban design.
- Understand the development and impact of human settlements as it relates to planning; understand the historical and contemporary planning practice, policy and process; and have full knowledge of the planning process and how it operates in a diverse environment.
- Collaborate effectively in diverse groups to promote successful outcomes.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical principles and their application in leadership.
- Understand the variety of disciplinary perspectives that form the core base of knowledge.
- Make decisions informed by the core base of knowledge.
- Demonstrate proficiency in information technology appropriate to the discipline of planning.
- Understand diverse cultures in a broad context of global awareness.
- Develop leadership traits and serve their communities as leaders.
Summary of Outcomes Measured
This section summarizes the outcomes measured.