- Call during office hours at (252) 737-4180. The PASS Clinic office hours are:
Monday through Thursday: 10:00 - 7:00
Friday: 10:00 - 4:00
- The office will answer any questions you may have about the clinic process and/or services.
- A clinician will call the prospective patient/client to discuss services. Patients/Clients are often interviewed for 10-15 minutes by phone prior to scheduling the initial meeting.
- An initial consultation (no charge) is then scheduled to assess the patient's/client's needs and to decide if ECU PASS Clinic is the appropriate treatment resource. Community patients/clients are sent a map and parking pass.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the first intake session to complete initial paperwork. Our Initial Intake form can be downloaded here and our Medical Information form can be downloaded here if you wish to complete them prior to coming into the clinic. (Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who can sign their forms. The additional pediatric client form can be downloaded here.)
- The Clinic accepts most patients/clients who complete the initial consultation. If we determine we cannot meet your needs, we will help you identify a more appropriate treatment resource.
Canceling an Appointment
If a patient/client cannot attend a scheduled appointment, we ask that they call to cancel at least 24 hours in advance.
We believe that it is essential for the patient/client to maintain a personal commitment to therapy for successful treatment to occur. Therefore, we cannot stress enough the importance of keeping all scheduled appointments with your clinician.
We also recognize that emergencies arise at inopportune times. If you must miss an appointment due to illness or emergency, please contact the office as far in advance of your scheduled meeting time as possible.