Out-of-State Community College Transfers

The College of Engineering and Technology is excited to welcome students who started their college experience elsewhere, but would like to call ECU home. We pride ourselves on making the transfer process a smooth one.

What Are The Transfer Requirements?

The College of Engineering and Technology offers excellent opportunities for students transferring from community colleges outside of North Carolina. We commonly work with students who possess Associate in Arts (AA) and Associate in Science (AS) degrees. We even offer special programs for students with Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degrees. 

Please click HERE for updated transfer admission requirements.

Which Major Is Right For Me?

Take your time and explore the College of Engineering and Technology majors HERE. Our College is committed to helping students excel, lead and innovate. Students with Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degrees are strongly encouraged to explore our Industrial Technology and Construction Management AAS transfer programs.

Prospective Out-of-State Community College Transfer Student Checklist

What Resources Are Available?

Important Note to Residents Outside North Carolina

Admission of applicants residing outside the State of North Carolina to an online degree, certificate program or individual online course offered by East Carolina University, is dependent on ECU's ability to secure authorization from the applicant's state of residence, if such authorization is required. Due to evolving changes in higher education regulations, at this time, ECU is unable to serve all of the students that are interested in our courses or programs. ECU will no longer be able to offer distance education online programs or courses for students residing in Alabama, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Maryland, and Ohio. For the most current list of states, visit this link http://eai.ecu.edu/states/. ECU will work with state authorities to allow students in these states who are currently enrolled in an ECU online or certificate program to complete their degree. Additionally, students enrolled in programs or courses that require internships or supervised clinical placements will be unable to complete these activities in the state listed. For questions specific to the state authorization process, call (252) 737-1268 or email destateauth@ecu.edu.