About the Department of Computer Science
At East Carolina University our goal is to develop leaders whose knowledge, skills and abilities improve our collective quality of life while promoting economic development and prosperity.
In the Department of Computer Science we strive to equip these future leaders with the skills necessary to succeed in both private industry and academia by providing high quality instruction combined with research opportunities in computer science and related disciplines.
We are aided in these goals by a set of core values and practices that guide us as we carry out our mission:
- Students come first in all we do
- Integrity, respect, and trust in all of our dealings
- Excellence, accountability, and strategic thinking
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Foster an environment of Innovation
- Commitment to service and engagement
East Carolina University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. The East Carolina University Department of Computer Science is chaired by Dr. Venkat Gudivada and confers the following degrees: