There are other opportunities available externally. The following are available externally and it is up to the student to research and find available opportunities at the state and national level.
Application submission must include:
- Personal statement
- Two completed recommendation forms
- Class schedule (current and next semester)
- Pirate Navigators Application Packet
- Be A Pirate Navigator
- Preference is given to students in the Electrical Engineering Concentration.
- A current high school senior at a high school located in North Carolina
- A currently active member of a FIRST Robotics team
- Accepted at ECU
- Accepted into the Engineering program at ECU
- When you look back on your life in 30 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful?
- What people, things and accomplishments do you need?
- Submit the essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more Scholarship information at: http://www.aesengineers.com/scholarships.htm
- Full-time undergraduate engineering student
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 3.0 or a class standing of no less than the top 30%
- Scholarships are awarded to individuals within the early stages (freshman to junior year of college study) of their undergraduate study or have a minimum of 2 years of undergraduate college remaining.
- All applicants are expected to demonstrate college level preparation by having obtained a high school diploma (minimum 3.0 on a 4.0 GPA scale) or successful matriculation (minimum 3.0 on a 4.0 GPA scale) in degree program prior to the fall of 2015.
- Applicants must have completed their sophomore year at the time of application
- Are currently enrolled in good standing in a four-year ABET accredited engineering program
- Will be entering the junior year in the fall
The application is now open and can be accessed at
A major goal of the NC Space Grant Consortium is to help produce the engineers and scientists of the future. While opportunities for careers in aerospace have expanded, the number of talented students pursuing degrees in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) has declined. The NC Space Grant Undergraduate Scholarship Program is a competitive scholarship program funded by NASA.
For questions, please contact:
Dr. Tarek Abdel-Salam, ECU NC Space Grant Campus Director, email@example.com.