The Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology (BSIT) Transfer Program is a degree completion curriculum designed for students who have been awarded a qualified Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in an industrial or technical related field.
The courses completed in the qualified technical AAS degree provide the foundation and half of the courses required in the major for the Industrial Technology degree. This BS degree program has the flexibility to allow students to tailor a curriculum to their specific career goals.
- Printable Program Flyer
- BSIT Mission and Objectives
- Approved AAS Degrees for BSIT
- BSIT NCCCS Equivalencies Worksheet
- BSIT Advisory Board
- BSIT Alumni - A sample of BSIT Alumni, Title and Employer
- Community College of Air Force Graduates
- Architectural Technology
- Mechanical Technology
- Distribution and Logistics
- Information & Computer Technology*
- Industrial Supervision
- Manufacturing Systems
- Bioprocess Manufacturing
- Health Information Technology*
*Additional requirements for these concentrations may apply. Contact an advisor to find out more.
Admission Requirements for Approved AAS Degrees for Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology (BSIT):
- Completed Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in approved technical area by the first day of enrollment at ECU. The most commonly approved degrees can be viewed by clicking the links above “Approved AAS Degrees for BSIT and “Community College of the Air Force Graduates.”
- ***Other technical and/or industrial-related AAS degrees can be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by contacting the appropriate BSIT Academic Advisor below.
- Cumulative 2.5 GPA from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Must have completed a minimum of 24 transferable credit hours including the equivalent to ECU's ENGL 1100 Composition. Applicants with an approved AAS degree for BSIT will meet the 24 transferable hours required for admission, but are still required to have the equivalent to ECU’s ENGL 1100 Composition.
The BSIT program has professionally trained Academic Advisors who assist AAS students with their transition to ECU. These advisors encourage students who are interested in transferring to the BSIT program to make contact as early as their first semester at community college. These individuals help make the transition from community college to ECU a smooth one.
Please contact a BSIT academic advisor today:
Academic Advisor For: Architectural Technology, Bioprocess Manufacturing, Distribution and Logistics, Industrial Supervision, Manufacturing Systems and Mechanical Technology concentrations
Academic Advisor For: Information and Computer Technology and Health Information Technologies concentrations