ECU School of Communication Distinguished Alumni Award
The School of Communication’s Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes alumni with a minimum of four years of work history, outstanding and uncommon achievement in one’s profession, in civic affairs, and/or politics. It is awarded by the ECU School of Communication CommCrew Board. Recipients should have adhered to standards of moral and ethical conduct that would cause the university to be proud to present the honorees as role models for students and other alumni. It is expected that recipients are recognized by their professional peers as being truly outstanding within their professions.
This award is presented to those who have received a degree from East Carolina University. Current employees of the university are excluded from consideration. Receiving this award does not prohibit one from receiving any other alumni awards, if the honoree is so selected. The honoree may not receive the award a second time. A history of involvement with the university is not a prerequisite for this award.
This following form is designed to collect only the most basic information about the nominee. In order for a nomination to be considered complete, this form must be accompanied by supporting information on any of the following:
- outstanding contribution to his/her profession;
- outstanding contributions to the general welfare of his/her community state, nation;
- outstanding contributions, services, etc., to East Carolina University;
- honors, awards, etc.;
- summary narrative regarding significant accomplishments of the nominee.
The supporting information may be documented in any of the following ways:
- resume or professional vita;
- letters of recommendation;
- articles by or about the nominee;
- other appropriate documents.
Supporting documentation should be in an easily-reproducible form:
- All materials should be on letter (8.5 x 11) or legal (8.5 x 14) size pages.
- All materials should be on white or other light-colored paper to facilitate photocopying.
Nominations cannot be considered without supporting documentation.
The CommCrew Board will conduct research as is necessary to complete the nomination packet.
Download the Distinguished Alumni Award Application.