Speech Communication Center - Staff
Meet our center's staff (from left to right):
- Dr. Pamela Hopkins, Speech Communication Center coordinator (not pictured)
- Crystal M. Stroman is from Tarboro, NC, and a new graduate student in the School of Communication this semester. Crystal earned her undergraduate degree in Communication from NC State University, where she formed a strong background in public relations, journalism, public speaking and overall communication skills. Her personal communication interests include media, gender relations, and cultural studies.
- Alyssa Gutierrez recently graduated from Gardner-Webb University with a degree in communication with a concentration in Public Relations. As a PR practitioner, Alyssa believes that communicating effectively in public is one if the most important skills any professional can have. She enjoys seeing people improve their public speaking skills and looks forward to working with students as well as members of the community.
- Purity Kimaiyo is a health communication graduate student. She has studied at United States International University in Nairobi and graduated from N.C. Central University with a bachelor’s degree in mass communication. She teaches Business and Professional Communication at ECU. She is currently working on a thesis titled Performance for ethnography, dialogue, and intervention: Using activating theatre to explore the reproductive health issues facing Kenyan adolescent girls. This project aims to promote communicative openness on sexuality and reproductive issues in rural Kenya by providing a means for adolescent girls to explore and communicate openly about issues related to reproductive health.
- Morgan Clark is in her third semester as a Master's candidate in East Carolina University's School of Communication. She teaches Business and Professional Communication and loves watching students become more confident communicators. Her research interests pertain to pharmaceutical advertising and its impacts on health outcomes.