Alumni and Friends,
Your continued support of the College is critical to our future success. The College of Fine Arts and Communication has benefited over the years from the generosity of countless supporters—alumni, friends, foundations and corporations.
That support has made it possible for the College to continue the tradition of excellence in educating our students and providing cultural opportunities to eastern North Carolina.
There are many ways you can support the College. Whatever the vehicle, your support enables us to continue to enhance the education of our students.
To learn more about giving opportunities and methods of giving, view the options that follow below. Many companies have matching gifts. Check to see if your company is on the matching gifts list.
Priorities for the College of Fine Arts and Communication
- Dean’s and Directors Priority Fund for Excellence - These unrestricted funds provide resources to advance the college’s and schools’ goals. Gifts to these funds support faculty and student presentations, exhibitions and performances at national and international conferences, faculty development, and recognition of outstanding faculty and staff.
- Scholarships - Scholarships are important to recruit and retain the most outstanding students and to be competitive with other universities.
- Endowed Scholarships - A gift of $25,000 or more will endow a scholarship and provide a naming opportunity for the donor.
- Annual Scholarships - Annual scholarship can be given in any amount. Pledges for multi-year commitments or one-time gifts can also be made.
- ECU Opera Theatre – A gift to Opera Theatre helps fund annual productions which enables our talented students to move forward in their musical careers.
- Four Seasons Endowment - The Four Seasons Chamber Music Festival brings internationally renowned musicians to eastern North Carolina and beyond for concerts, master classes, open rehearsals and interactive community outreach. In residence at the East Carolina University School of Music, the festival also offers a Children's Residency, a Four Seasons Family Night, Next Generation concerts, and Next Gen on the Road tours. An endowment will insure the festival continues to serve our multiple audiences in perpetuity.
- Friends of Art and Design, Music, Theatre and Dance and CommCrew – Each school has a support group of individuals who help with friendraising and fundraising. Annual gifts are used to support student scholarships, faculty and student development, and programming needs.
- Institute of Outdoor Theatre- Support for the Institute’s research through its audience and attendance surveys, theatre design, market research and feasibility studies supports the mission of the organization and helps support the field of outdoor theatre in North Carolina, the United States and internationally.
- Marching Pirates - the ECU Marching Band - The Marching Pirates founded in 1938 has grown into the university’s largest student organization. The Marching Pirates contribute to university pride and artistry. A gift to the Marching Pirates will support uniforms, travel expenses, equipment as well as scholarships and recruitment.
- NewMusic@ECU Festival - The festival brings new works, world-class performances and composers to eastern North Carolina for a week of adventurous programming and projects with students and faculty. Gifts will ensure the continuation and success of the festival.
- S. Rudolph Alexander Performing Arts Series Endowment – Your gift will help us reach our endowment goal of $1,000,000 in support of the annual series.
- Distinguished Professorships - Distinguished professorships are important tools in recruiting outstanding faculty. Faculty are the single most important element as we work to provide students with an exceptional learning experience and enhancing our reputation for teaching and scholarship. A gift offers naming opportunities.
- Naming the College or Schools – A naming opportunity, or tribute, is a time-honored way to support the College or School and recognize the donor or someone special.
- Visual and Performing Arts Center – A Center for Arts Excellence will provide a venue for performing and visual arts for East Carolina University and all of eastern North Carolina. We seek to be the arts leader for eastern North Carolina. Naming opportunities for a building(s), recital and performance halls, lobby and gallery will be available.
Ways to give
Gifts to the College are accepted in a variety of methods, including:
- Real Estate
- Personal Property
- Stocks and Securities
- Retirement Assets
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Deferred Gift Annuity
- Retained Life Estate
- Charitable Remainder Unitrust
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Life Insurance
- Matching Gifts [list of companies offering matching gifts]
Nancy Ball (Major Gifts Officer) or Mary Jane Gaddis (Director of College Development)
East Carolina University
College of Fine Arts and Communication
You may also give online or contact us directly.