Facts at a Glance
The ITALY INTENSIVES Semester and Summer programs have been designed to provide an exceptional study abroad opportunity with unprecedented value and affordability. Though the program fee does not include trans-Atlantic airfare, a travel agent will be recommended who can book students together at a group rate. Graduate and Undergraduate students from other institutions can attend these programs for the same price, by applying to ECU as a "visiting student".
• 3 week summer programs allows students to earn 3-6 credits
• 5 week summer program allows students to earn 3-6 credits
• Semester program allows students to earn 12-15 credits
• In State or Out of State students pay the same great price
• Financial aid is available
All Classes are taught in English.
What Fees Cover
Program Fees for Semester and Summer Sessions include:
- ECU tuition (in-state or out-of-state is the same)
- Health Insurance English speaking staff available daily and in case of emergency, 24/7
- Lodging: shared apartments in Certaldo during semester and 5 week summer program
- Shared hostel rooms during summer program and on semester program field trips
- Museum entrance fees and guided tours when traveling with the group
- All breakfasts and dinners during travel during 3 week programs and during 5 week and semester field trips.
- All dinners on class days during semester and 5 week summer program
- Local transportation on school organized trips (trains, buses, metros, subways, boats)
- Transportation to and from airports upon arrival and at departure
Semester fees also include:
- 3 days of study in Rome upon arrival in Italy, including transportation, tours, museum fees, lodging and 2 meals a day
- 3 days of study in Venice before flying back to the US, including transportation, tours, museum fees, lodging and 2 meals a day
Students considering the Italy Intensives program should apply for a passport immediately. After acceptance into the program, semester students will be given information on how to apply for a visa if they wish to travel early or stay late. No Visa will be necessary if traveling on program dates.
Visit our Admissions & Application page for full details and procedures.