Fall Semester 2013
View a list of fall course offerings.
Earn 12-18 credits in Italy while living in beautiful apartments and using our classrooms in Certaldo Ato for 3 months – best value and truly, a once in a lifetime opportunity! Classes meet 4 or 5 days a week, with several 3-day weekends set aside for independent travel. A semester break program to the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii is included in program cost, with 5 additional independent travel days following that break. Each evening after class, our students eat together at one of five restaurants in Certaldo Alto, and during the semester, in addition to course work, they are offered many opportunities for social interaction with our Italian friends, including cooking lessons, exhibition openings, local gatherings, on site classes in surrounding cities, and excursions in the countryside.
- Modern computing facilities, with wireless Internet throughout, including scanners printers and copy machine.
- 2 large, well lit classrooms, one with a sink, equipped as a jewelry studio with state of the art ventilation and up to date, modern equipment.
- A student lounge for socializing, with internet access, couches and refrigerator
- An office space for faculty
- 2 handicap access bathrooms
- An outdoor courtyard area where students work or relax when weather permits
One of the most exciting things about our campus location is the fact that housing for students and faculty is located steps away from the door of our classroom in the beautiful hilltop medieval village of Certaldo Alto. Students will share an apartment or guest house with 2 bedrooms (2 students to a room) with shared kitchen, bathroom and living room. Lodgings are comfortable and spacious and the village of Certaldo Alto is a welcoming community for our program.