Summer Studio Art in Certaldo
5-week summer program (Newly revised cost and program plan!)
Summer Group #3: May 11 - June 15, 2012 (35 days)
ART STUDENTS ONLY
Students on the newly created “Studio Art in Certaldo” session, will stay in Italy for 5 weeks, traveling for shorter times to the same locations the Travel in Tuscany groups go, (Rome, Florence, Venice, San Gimignano, Siena, Volterra, Pisa, Cinque Terre) while living and doing hands on art making in our ECU Certaldo Alto studio/classrooms. Courses planned for 2012 include Metal Survey and Upper Studio Metals classes, Enameling, Independent Art Studio electives in a variety of disciplines, and Ancient Art History writing intensives or NOT writing intensive. Students can earn 6 credits.
View detailed summer course offerings in Certaldo 2012 (PDF).
Price for the 5 week program in 2012
is $4,100.00 and includes:
- Transportation to and from the airport upon arrival and departure
- Tuition and Instructional Costs
- All in country transportation on planned trips with the group (boats, buses, metro and trains)
- Lodging in apartments or guest house in Certaldo Alto – 2 students to a room with shared kitchen and living spaces - BEAUTIFUL!!
- Museum entrances and many activities
- Health Insurance while abroad
- Breakfasts and Dinners each group travel day
- Evening dinner on each class day
One of the most exciting things about our campus location is the fact that housing for students and faculty is located steps away from the door of our classroom in the beautiful hilltop medieval village of Certaldo Alto. Students will share a BEAUTIFUL apartment or guest house with 2 bedrooms (2 students to a room) with shared kitchen, bathroom and living room. Lodgings are comfortable and spacious and the village of Certaldo Alto is a welcoming community for our program.
View Summer in Certaldo Application Details & Instructions.