Summer Travel in Tuscany
3-week summer program
Summer group #1: May 11 - May 30, 2012 (20 days)
Summer group #2: May 29 - June 17, 2012 (20 days)
Students studying during the 3-week summer sessions travel in Italy with instructors, staying in shared hostel lodgings in Rome, Florence, Certaldo, Cinque Terre and Venice. Classes may meet before, during and after the travel portion of the course and in some cases, written course work and independent projects are completed following travel, and due before the beginning of Fall semester. Course offerings include Art History, Independent Art Studio electives, Special Topics in Theatre, International News, Feature Writing and other selected Communication classes. Classes are chosen each term to include those that will count as humanities or social sciences foundation requirements in a variety of disciplines. Students can earn 3-6 credits taking one or 2 classes.
View detailed summer course offerings in Tuscany 2012 (PDF).
Price for the 3 week program in 2012 is $3,800.00 and includes:
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Tuition and Instructional Costs
- All in country transportation (boats, buses, metro and trains)
- Lodging in shared hostel rooms
- Museum entrances, guest lectures, performances or other curricular activities
- Health Insurance while in Italy
- Breakfasts and Dinners each day
Additional personal costs include lunches and transatlantic airfare.
View Summer in Tuscany Application Details & Instructions