< back to Future Students page
The School of Music at ECU provides a nurturing atmosphere where gifted and talented students may grow and develop to their full potential and be prepared for state and national leadership roles in the musical arts. Dedicated to the highest levels of excellence in teaching, performance, and research, we aspire to be recognized nationally as a premier music community excited for and proud of the accomplishments of our students and faculty.
The Mission of the School of Music is fourfold:
- To educate qualified students for careers in music teaching, music therapy, performance, composition, analytical or historical research, and related technical and support fields
- To serve state, national, and international communities through support and dissemination of creative work in composition and performance
- To serve state, national, and international communities through
- support and dissemination of research in musicology, music theory, music technology, music education, and music pedagogy
- To serve as a cultural resource for the university community and eastern North Carolina