Young Artist Competition for Pre-College Pianists and Organists
- Current or past students of the judges in their division are not allowed to enter the competition.
- Contestants and their parents and teachers may not make contact with the judges until after the competition.
- Contestants will be assigned a number at registration and will not be referred to by name until after the competition.
- Former first place winners may not enter in the same division.
- Performances during the competition may be recorded and a composite CD added to the collection in the Music Library. By submitting the application form the contestant agrees that the director of the competition may use these recordings in future media broadcasts or in advertising for the competition without compensation to the contestant.
- The ECU Pre-College Young Artist Piano Competition reserves the right not to award certain prizes if no performance warrants it.
- The East Carolina University Young Artist Competition for Pre-College Pianists is open to all pre-college students between the ages of 11 and 14 (Junior), and 15 and 18 (Senior), who are residents of the District of Columbia, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia and who have studied with a teacher residing in that area for at least six months prior to the date of the competition. The Division each contestant should enter is determined by his/her age on the date of the competition, in this case, April 28, 2018.
- Because this is a pre-college competition, students who meet the age requirements but are enrolled in a college or university degree program are ineligible.
Junior Piano Division - Specific Rules & Prize Information
Senior Piano Division - Specific Rules & Prize Information
Download Application (PDF file)
Previous Piano Winners
View 2007 Piano Winners
View 2008 Piano Winners
View 2009 Piano Winners
View 2010 Piano Winners
View 2011 Piano Winners