All students wishing to transfer art credits after acceptance to East
Carolina University must have their course work evaluated. In order to
determine the appropriate application of art course credit to degree
requirements at East Carolina, the School of Art and Design will evaluate each
art course according to the following:
* Courses must be listed on the School of Art and Design Transcript Form (credit from two-year institutions will apply only to freshman and sophomore
* Courses must be accompanied by a catalog or copies of catalog pages with
appropriate course descriptions.
* Slides or examples of all work completed in Art Foundation are required.
* For upper-level studio courses, a minimum of six and a maximum of fifteen
slides or jpeg images for each course are required.
* Art history course credit requires a listing of texts used and submission of
copies of papers written for art history (an interview with the art history
coordinator may satisfy the requirement for copies of papers).
For a list of community college equivalencies, follow this link