Hello! I am the instructional technology consultant for the College of Fine Arts and Communication. I work directly with faculty and provide consultations and solutions in the following areas:
- Assist with developing/planning of online courses, online degree programs, and proven techniques for teaching online
- Assist with development and organization of course materials for online courses or traditional courses with online content (Blackboard or other solutions)
- Assist with integrating technology into curriculum and in the classroom (smart classrooms)
- Provide personalized or group training on software/hardware related to teaching with technology (online or face-to-face)
- Provide complete digital audio and video production for creating custom course material solutions distributed via DVD Video, CD-ROM, or though the online iTunesU portal.
- Assist with the technology aspects of special projects as assigned by the Dean and/or Directors
- Research technology needs for grants or budget requests; writing justifications
- Research/test new technologies or solutions involving teaching with technology
- Compose original, royalty-free music for various projects, including school and college promotional needs
- Designing and maintaining various university web sites, including the College of Fine Arts & Communication, S. Rudolph Alexander Performing Arts Series, School of Communication, and the Chancellor's Leadership Academy's site.
Tech Support for ECU faculty:
If you have a computer, printer, or other hardware problem, you should contact the ECU Help Desk at 328-9866. They are here to serve you in that capacity.
M.S., M.M., B.M., East Carolina University. Currently serving as instructional technology consultant (instructional designer) for ECU College of Fine Arts & Communication (since 1998) and adjunct DE/classroom instructor for School of Music (since 1995). Previous positions include Media Technician (technology support to School of Music faculty, chief recording engineer, technical director for the ECU Opera Theater). An active composer, clinician, and lecturer. Commissioned to compose music for numerous events including original choreography-based productions, documentaries, music for various art exhibitions, and various multimedia presentations and concerts. Also serves as digital videographer, webmaster, and a technology writer.
My professional music web site: http://www.mdixon.com