To promote the health and safety of farmers, fishers, foresters, their workers and their families through research, prevention/intervention, and education/outreach.
To be an international leader in the interdisciplinary field of agromedicine by conducting research; promoting community engagement; supporting the translation of research into programs and products that are responsive to community needs; and empowering rural communities to address the issues of health and safety successfully.
To save lives through:
- Reducing injuries and preventing chronic diseases and health problems
- Supporting safe and healthy working and living environments
- Addressing health disparities
- Increasing access to health care in rural populations
- Educating farmers, foresters, fishers, farm workers and their families.