The department of biostatistics provides a wide variety of statistical consulting services to the faculty, staff, and students of East Carolina University. Some areas of consulting include:
1. Design of Observational Studies and Experiments.
2. Sample Size and Power Estimation.
3. Statistical Modeling.
4. Visualize Data with Tables, Graphs, etc.
5. Data Reduction Techniques.
6. Handling Missing Values, Outliers, and Confounders.
7. Computing Appropriate P-values and Interpreting Results.
8. Participate in the Preparation of Grants and Presentations
9. Assist with Statistical Portions of Manuscripts.
10. Develop Statistical Methodology.
We can be more helpful if we meet with you in the designing phase of your study, before collecting your data. But for those that have collected your data we can definitely help you with analysis.
For more information please see our Frequently Asked Questions.
For those of you working on the main ECU campus, see our Main Campus Consulting page for more information on services specifically designed for you.
For more information or to schedule a consult, fill out our consulting request form. If you fill out a consulting form and no one has been in touch within 7 business days, please contact Dr. Paul Vos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biostatistics has open door hours for walk-in consults from 9-12 a.m. on Mondays. Consults are on a first come, first serve basis and will be located in the the Allied Health Building (room 2435). Appointments to block off a specific time are welcome.