Wellness Links & Resources
702 Johns Hopkins Drive, Greenville, NC
*Services provided to medical students include: clinical assessment, psychological testing, psychotherapy, and couples/family counseling.
Center for Family Violence Prevention
805 South Evans St.
Greenville, NC 27834
Crisis Line: 252-752-3811
East Carolina University Family Therapy Clinic
612 E. 10th St.
*Sliding fee scale available to ECU students and their families.
905 Johns Hopkins Drive, Greenville, NC
*Services provided to medical students include: clinical assessment, medication evaluation/management and psychiatric care.
ECU Student Recreation Center
ECU Student Health Services
Good Eats: Quick & Healthy Meals for Medical Students
(by Dr. Kathy Kolasa along with Natalie Taft, Dr. Kay Craven, & Jill Jennings)
Tips for Eating Out in Greenville (prepared by Katy Mayo & BSOM student Ian Bryan
Healthy Sleep Tips – National Sleep Foundation
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (24 hrs & toll free)
Ombudpersons for Brody Medical Students
Dr. Darla Liles & Dr. Eric Holder
For appointments, email BSOMOmbudsOffice@ecu.edu
Real Crisis Intervention Center (Sexual Assault & Suicide Intervention/Prevention)
1011 Anderson St.
- The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook; Martha Davis, PhD, Elizabeth Robbins Eshelmen, MSW, Matthew McKay, PhD, New Harbinger ( 5/2008); 371p.
- A Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook by Bob Stahl and Elisha Goldstein (Mar 1, 2010)
- Delivered from Distraction: Getting the Most out of Life with Attention Deficit Disorder by Edward M. Hallowell M.D. and John J. Ratey M.D.; Ballantine Books; (12/2005); 416 p.
- More Attention, Less Deficit: Success Strategies for Adults with ADHD, by Ari Tuckman, PsyD; Specialty Press/A.D.D. Warehouse (4/2009); 380 p.
Medical School and Medicine
- Overcoming Depression : A Self-Help Guide Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques, by Paul Gilbert, PhD; Basic Books, 3rd Ed. (9/2009); 624 p.
- The Mindful Medical Student: A Psychiatrist's Guide to Staying Who You Are While Becoming Who You Want to Be; Jeremy Spiegel M.D. and Bernie Siegel M.D.; Dartmouth; (6/2009); 160p.
- Advice to the Young Physician: On the Art of Medicine; Richard Colgan, M.D.; Springer; (10/2009); 139p.
- Intimate Relationships in Medical School: How to Make Them Work; Michael F. Myers, M.D. Sage Publications, Inc (6/2000); 144p.
- The Medical Marriage: Sustaining Healthy Relationships for Physicians and Their Families; Wayne M. Sotile, PhD, Mary O. Sotile, MA, American Medical Association Press; (5/2000);284p.
Women and Medicine
- The Insomnia Workbook: A Comprehensive Guide to Getting the Sleep You Need, by Stephanie Silberman; New Harbinger, 1 ed. (6/2009); 224 p.
- This Side of Doctoring: Reflections from Women in Medicine, by Eliza Lo Chin, M.D. Oxford University Press, USA; 1 edition (5/2003); 432 p