The Research Group for Underrepresented Minorities in Academic Medicine is an interprofessional dynamic research and writing group designed to provide a foundation of scholarship for the Office of Diversity Affairs. This group of professionals helps to develop the research aim of the office and studies the science of diversity as it relates to underrepresented groups in medicine. Work of this group includes:
- Exploration of the effectiveness of existing diversity programming and assistance with publishing outcomes to help with program evaluation, determining future directions and dissemination of work
- Assisting with dissemination of diversity work at national meetings and other settings.
- Ongoing work around pipeline and outreach programs
- Assistance in preparing presentations/scholarship for other departments within the school of medicine who may need diversity data for grants or projects.
- Staying abreast of current developments in diversity and inclusion and developing an ever evolving research agenda for the office.