- GSA Webinar - White Coats for Black Lives: A Movement for Racial Justice in Medicine Thursday, November 5, 2015, 1:30-2:30pm EST - Register Now!
- University of Iowa Jackson Steindler Orthopaedic Clerkship 2016 - Call for Applications. Beginning in Spring 2016, one or two outstanding medical students who have successfully completed the third year of medical school at a LCME-accredited institution and who have an interest in orthopedics will be selected for this award. The award will include support for housing and travel. All applications materials should be received by April 1, 2016. Awardees will be notified no later than April 29, 2016.
- PRIME Postdoctoral Training Program is seeking recent PhD or other medical professional degree graduates or soon-to-become graduates for our Postdoctoral Training program in the biomedical sciences. (Attachment) APPLICATION DEADLINES: For a January, 2016 start date is November 15, 2015;For a July, 2016 start date is March 15, 2016
- Visiting Elective Programs
- Connect with Nat'l Minority Association of Pre-Medical/Health Students (SNMA/MAPS) on facebook
The Brody Women Faculty Committee and the Vice Chairs of Diversity & Inclusion have identified three professional development opportunities for which applications for conference attendance are being accepted. The Brody Office of Academic Affairs will provide financial support for faculty to attend and will support one faculty per seminar. To find out more information on how to apply, please contact the BWFC Chair, Dr. Lisa Domico, or the VCDI Co-chairs, Dr. Roytesa Savage and Dr. LaToya Griffin.
- Early Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar (BWFC) July 11-14, 2015 Inverness Hotel and Conference Center, Englewood, Colo.
- Minority Faculty Career Development Seminar (VCDI)September 18-21, 2015 The Westin Buckhead, Atlanta, Georgia
- Mid-Career Women Faculty Professional Development Seminar (BWFC) December 12-15, 2015 AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center, Austin, Texas
For detailed conference information, please visit www.aamc.org
Ensuring Diversity Representation on Tenure Track Search Committees
In accordance with the Revised Unit Code of Operations for the Brody School of Medicine, as of February 28, 2013:
Section II B. Faculty Recruitment:"The department chair shall notify the department personnel committee of the number and nature of positions allocated to the department. The selection of candidates must then proceed in accordance with the ECU Faculty Manual Part IX: Tenure and Promotion Policies and Procedures, the most recently revised Affirmative Action Plan, and applicable unit code provisions. The type of search required (i.e., local, regional, national) is governed by University EEO policies. Search committees for tenure track faculty positions will include a faculty designee representing the Office of Diversity Affairs."
EPA Search Committee Educational Module (Required for all committee members)
To enroll in the Blackboard EPA Search Committee Educational Module, please complete the following steps:
- Log into One Stop
- Click on TOOLS
- Under EMPLOYEE, click UNIVERSITY TRAINING
- Scroll down to Blackboard EPA Search Committee Training and click on VIEW SECTIONS
- Click on ENROLL You will then be enrolled within 24 hours to the Blackboard course and receive an e-mail with further instructions.
You will have access to the materials and course exam at your discretion. You will have access to the materials and course exam at your discretion.
ODA Designee Educational Module
ODA Designee List