FEEDBACK - INTRODUCTION (This module is eligible for CME credits)
Karin Hillenbrand, MD, FAAP
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Program Director in Pediatrics
Jennifer Crotty, MD
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
Associate Program Director in Pediatrics
Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to:
Use of This Material
- Describe the medical education literature regarding feedback
- Identify core principles of effective feedback
- Provide brief feedback during clinical encounters and teaching sessions
- Provide interval cumulative feedback during a course or rotation
- List barriers to effective feedback and identify methods to overcome them
- If you desire CME Credit for this module, you must read this page and indicate that you have read it by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
- There are appended handouts as those given at the lecture. They are located on the module page.
- At the end of the module, there will be a post test. For CME credit, you must complete the post test and achieve 80% correct.
- After completing the post test, you must complete the evaluation in order to receive CME credit.
This module includes reading materials, a twenty-minute video presentation, a post-test and an evaluation. It is estimated that it will require approximately 1 hour to complete this module.
The Brody School of Medicine of East Carolina University is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physician.
The Brody School of Medicine of East Carolina University designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
In order to assure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all CME presentations, teaching faculty, planners and reviewers are required to disclose any financial or other relationships they have with commercial entities-pharmaceutical, equipment, or other for-profit corporations-that could be construed by learners as posing a possible conflict of interest. None of the planners or reviewers have financial or other relationships with ANY commercial interest and are aware of no personal conflicts of interest related to this program. Neither Dr. Karin Hillenbrand or Dr. Jennifer Crotty have financial or other relationships with ANY commercial interest and are not aware of any personal conflicts of interest related to this program.
There is no cost of this CME activity for Credit.
No patient information will be disclosed during this lecture.
After submitting the E-Learning Lounge Registration Form, a web page will display with links to access reading materials, video presentation, a post-test, and an evaluation for this module.
- Click I have read this page and would like to get started with the module at the bottom of this page.
- Log on using your ECU Pirate ID and passphrase.
- Complete the E-Learning Lounge Registration Form by providing an answer in each field as specified.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the E-Learning Lounge Registration Form.
If you do not have an ECU Pirate ID and passphrase, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
I have read this page and would like to get started with the module
Return to E-Learning Lounge home page