The Brody School of Medicine
Office of Student Affairs/Registrar

Printer Friendly


M2 Year

Calendar and Curriculum Information  (provided by the Office of Medical Education)

The Brody Bookstore has a list of books/supplies that are recommended each semester.


M2 ORIENTATION - Monday, August 7, 2017

ANNUAL BSOM FORMS - found in OrgSync

Fit Test Questionnaire

HIPAA/Compliance Training/Quizzes - log into Blackboard to access the two modules (HIPAA Privacy and Basic Security/Compliance and Integrity) containing the slides and quizzes.  80% is required to pass, and you may retake the quizzes until you pass.    

PIRATE PORT - use to update your Greenville address/contact info


Policies that you need to be aware of are:


The Office of Student Affairs maintains your training and certification records.  If verifications are needed, OSA will be glad to assist. Once you are assigned your preceptorship site, you may also find that it requires additional items.  Please see the information below to assist you.

DRUG SCREENS at 2 locations:

Psychiatry Outpatient Center/ECU Physicians
Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
905 Johns Hopkins Drive
Greenville, NC 27834

Call and request a nurse’s appointment for a drug screen. They currently do an 11 panel screen which does not included PPX. They will begin doing 12 panel screens including PPX starting mid-March 2017. Up to $25 will be reimbursed by the Dean’s Office (see Kelly Lancaster AD-47 1st floor).

ECU Student Health/Free for students with ECU insurance

Other policies may also cover this test; call your insurance company to verify. Up to $25 will be reimbursed by the Dean’s Office (see Kelly Lancaster AD-47 1st floor). ECU Student Health Services are on the east campus and will be on the west campus beginning2017-2018. Call 328-6841 and tell them that you need a 13 panel drug screen (it includes Ecstasy and PPX).



 Go to Student Health Services: In the purple box click “Online Student Health.” Through this link you canlocate and print out your ECU immunization record.  Your flu shot recordis not at Student Health, so contact Student Affairs for a copy.



 A CBC was completed upon youradmission to BSOM.  It is kept in your file in the Brody Registrar’sOffice in Student Affairs. Student Affairs will also help you order a new oneif needed.





Scheduling for the M3 Year

Please refer to the M3 Orientation and Scheduling page for information.