The Brody School of Medicine
Office of Student Affairs/Registrar



Financial Aid

The Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1992 mandates that a student can generally receive financial aid for study abroad if the student is enrolled in a program approved by the sending institution "without regard to whether the study abroad program is required as a part of the student's degree". As part of the planning process, students who undertake international rotations should take into consideration the financial impact these expenses will have on their budget. Students who request additional financial aid to pay for these expenses will need to complete a “Request to Consider Additional Cost Form”. Please submit this form along with supporting documentation (i.e. receipts, confirmation emails, etc) to ECU Financial Aid using the contact information on the application form.

Funds to support international rotations are sometimes available through the following resources: