The mission of the Office of Clinical Skills Assessment and Education is to provide and support nationally recognized clinical teaching and assessment for a continuum of learners represented in the Health Sciences Division.
This mission can best be accomplished by:
- Conducting high quality clinical skills teaching and assessment;
- Facilitating incorporation of performance-based assessment and education into health professions education;
- Maintaining a highly trained workforce (e.g., SP, PTA, PAT, GTA and MUTA) and quality database of cases;
- Supporting institutional goals and values (e.g., expansion of interprofessional and team based care) through collaboration and program development;
- Collaborating with faculty throughout the Division of Health Sciences and external organizations in areas of mutual interest;
- Managing a "state-or-the-art" facility that enables performance of comprehensive clinical skills assessment and education;
- Conducting scholarship regarding clinical skills assessment and education practice and theory.