Non-Degree Seeking Students
MS Prerequisite Courses at ECU
A background in speech and hearing sciences is essential for the MS in Communication Sciences and Disorders. Post-baccalaureate students (students who have already earned a Bachelor’s degree in an area other than SLP/Communication Sciences & Disorders) can enroll in undergraduate courses to complete pre-requisite courses for our Master’s degree programs.
- This is NOT a degree program.
- Prerequisite courses are NOT offered on a part-time basis. The course schedule is designed for all courses to be completed in two semesters (1 academic year).
- Prerequisite courses are NOT part of the MS in Communication Sciences and Disorders program.
- Students interested in enrolling in prerequisite courses should email their request to email@example.com on March 1st.
- Only 20 students are allowed to take the prerequisite courses on-line and 10 students on the ECU campus.
- Students must meet minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- Students must meet minimum GRE scores (verbal and quantitative) at the 30th percentile.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts and GRE scores must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org when requesting to enroll in prerequisite courses.
- If accepted to enroll in prerequisite courses, students will receive instructions to apply to the ECU Graduate School as a non-degree seeking student.
- Students who apply to the Graduate School before receiving email confirmation of enrollment in the prerequisite courses will forfeit their application fee and may not get a seat in the courses.
- For detailed information about enrolling in post-baccalaureate prerequisite courses, please download our GUIDE FOR PREREQUISITE COURSES (pdf).