Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program
Conferences form an important part of the cardiovascular disease fellowship training program and a series of case-based and didactic lectures have been assembled to meet the educational goals of the program. These include:
- Cardiology/CT Surgery Combined Case Conference - Monthly conference with fellows and full CVS faculty to discuss cases managed by the heart care team to learn from all sides of the spectrum.
- Cath Conference - Weekly conference in which the interventional cardiology faculty and fellows present a topic pertinent to angiographic interventions.
- Cath Lab Peer Review - Monthly conference used to review morbidity/mortality of patients cared for in the catheterization laboratory.This meeting is attended by fellows, faculty and private cardiologists.
- Clinical Case Conference – Weekly conference led by fellows to examine the cardiovascular medical care of patients in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- ECG Conference – Weekly conference covering ECG interpretation.
- EP Conference – Weekly conference to cover the therapies in the care of patients requiring eletrophysiology services.
- General Cardiology M & M – Monthly conference used to review morbidity/mortality of patients cared for in the inpatient cardiology service.
- Imaging Conference – Weekly conference covering clinical echocardiography.Category 1 CME credits can be obtained.
- Grand Rounds - Weekly conference in which faculty, fellows and visiting professors present core curriculum talks on cardiac subjects. Category 1 CME credits can be obtained.
- Journal Club – Bi-monthly conference led by a fellow to discuss current medical literature.Category 1 CME credits can be obtained.
- Nuclear Conference/CT-MRI Conference – Weekly conference covering nuclear and advanced imaging topics.Category 1 CME credits can be obtained.
- Research Conference - Monthly conference to cover topics such as the research process, Institutional Review Board requirements, or other relevant information current to research. Time is set aside throughout the year in which each fellow will provide an update or make a presentation on their research project.
- TAVR Conference – Monthly conference to discuss hybrid-based therapies for patients requiring percutaneous valve procedures.Category 1 CME credits can be obtained.