We receive over 450 applications each year and issue an average of 30 to 40 interview spots for our four (4) fellowship positions.
How to Apply
- We only accept applications and supporting documents through
completed application consists of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three current (no more than six months old) letters of recommendation; one of which
must be from your current program director
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- MSPE (Dean's Letter)
- USMLE transcript with steps 1, 2k, 2s, and 3 scores or COMPLEX transcript -- with level 1, 2-CE, 2-PE, and 3 scores
- ECFMG certification,
- Must have completed or will have completed an ACGME approved residency in Internal Medicine
- Only J1-Visa is accepted for non-US citizen.
Must have a minimum of three (3) years remaining on J1-Visa.
- Must have or be able to obtain a North Carolina medical license
Interview Scheduling and Status of Applications
- ERAs open to applicants on July 1st of each year.
Deadlines for applications submitted through ERAs is August 1st of each year. Applications submitted after August 1st or incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Selected applicants will be contacted through ERAs communication in August.
- Interview sessions for the selected applicants will begin in early October.
- Interviews will be scheduled by the program and are by appointment only.
- If scheduled for an interview, applicants are hereby required to review the following links.
- Candidates will be notified of the status of application only through emails.
- Calls regarding status of application are discouraged