Welcome Class of 2016!
Now that you have been admitted to the ECU School of Dental Medicine, there are numerous things you must do to prepare for dental school. Below is a checklist to help make sure that you are prepared for your arrival in August.
Tuition and Fees
Cost of Attendance (Coming Soon!)
Orientation Calendar Coming Soon!)
Standards for Professional Attire - It is the responsibility of all students to maintain these standards of dress, neatness of appearance and cleanliness.
Immunization Requirements / Immunization Verification Form
ECU 1 Card - Students will receive their ECU 1 Card during the New Student Orientation week. CLICK HERE to learn more about the ECU 1 Card and its uses.
Pirate ID - New students will receive their Pirate ID account information in two separate mailings. Once students receive those mailings, they must follow the instructions on the Student Technology sheet to set their new passphrase and can access their ECU email Accounts. CLICK HERE for more information about Pirate ID's.
* STUDENTS ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK THEIR ECU EMAIL ACCOUNT DAILY FOR IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND MESSAGES FROM THE UNIVERSITY AND THE SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE. *
Financial Aid (FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid - APPLY HERE)
- FAFSA Deadline = March 2, 2012
* STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE A FAFSA FORM IN ORDER TO RECEIVE FINANCIAL AID. *
Pay Tuition - Students will receive a notification that their e-Bill is available to view through their OneStop Account via their Pirate email address. Students who have successfully completed steps for accepting their financial aid award offer will automatically receive a credit on their tuition bill in the amount that was accepted for the fall semester. Students who do not accept enough financial aid to cover their tuition bill or who pay completely out of pocket.
Higher One Refund Card
- All students registered at ECU will receive a Higher One Refund Card in the mail starting in July 2012. Please DO NOT discard this. Refunds will be available on August 17 or 18.
- What will my card look like? Click HERE
* The Higher One Card is one of three options you have to receive a refund. Click HERE to learn more about refund options.
Final Transcripts - ALL students MUST send your OFFICIAL FINAL transcripts with degree verification, no later than JUNE 30, 2012 to the Office of Student Affairs. Even though you have submitted transcripts to AADSAS, we still need Official Final Transcripts for our own records. Please send your transcripts to:
East Carolina University - School of Dental Medicine
Office of Student Affairs
Lakeside Annex #7, Mailstop #701
Greenville, NC 27834
Campus Maps / Parking Maps
Parking Permits - Information Coming Soon
Moving to Greenville?
- ECU Off Campus Housing Service
- Get to know Greenville - CLICK HERE
Health Insurance Requirement
- ECU Student Health Insurance Plan
- Benefit Summary 2011-2012
- Screen shots on how to enroll or waive health insurance plan
Scrubs - Click here in order to find out about ordering ECU SoDM Official Scrubs
Loupes - Students will be sized and will purchase these during orientation. (More Information Coming Soon)
Mac/Apple Bundle (Coming Soon)
*DO NOT PURCHASE ANY APPLE/MAC EQUIPMENT UNTIL NOTIFIED BY OUR OFFICE *