Patient Care in Greenville
East Carolina University
School of Dental Medicine
Ledyard E. Ross Hall
1851 MacGregor Downs Road
Greenville, NC 27834
Click on Map
New Patient Information
Ledyard E. Ross Hall on the ECU Health Sciences Campus is the School of Dental Medicine's primary clinical location. In response to many people who have inquired about patient information, here are some basic facts:
• The dental school is part of an educational institution and will serve its mission to both educate dental students and dental residents and provide dental care for the greater Greenville community. The school and clinics will not be fully staffed for the next couple of years as a new class of students is added each year. The clinic operations will be phased in and clinics will be open on a limited basis for the foreseeable future.
• Patients will be screened first prior to acceptance into the dental student/ resident training programs. Patients must be screened to ensure suitability for the training programs and that we can handle your needs. Previous dates posted regarding screening and scheduling appointments have changed due to unexpected delays. We now anticipate that patient screening will begin in early 2013. The hours of operation of the school clinics will be posted on this website when they are established.
• Patients accepted to the dental student and dental resident programs will be in need of treatment that provides an educational benefit to the students as well as benefit to the patients themselves. Regrettably, not all patients will be accepted to the student /resident programs. Patients will also have the opportunity to be served by the School of Dental Medicine faculty in the Faculty Practice, also located in Ross Hall.
• The fee for student dental services will be on average 50% to 60% lower than the usual and customary fees in private practice. Under the direct supervision of faculty dentists, dental students will complete the appropriate examinations, diagnoses, and treatment plan development and provide needed treatment. Dental treatment procedures take a longer time to perform in a dental school than a private office and patients should plan their time accordingly.
• The school accepts Medicaid and private dental insurance. Co-payments must be paid at time of service. Patients are asked to check with their insurance company, including Medicaid, in advance to fully understand dental insurance benefits. Not all dental services are covered by Medicaid or private insurance plans. We also accepted cash, check, or credit card for services not covered by Medicaid or dental insurance plans.
• The Emergency Clinic will be by appointment only and will have limited days and hours of operation. This clinic is now targeted to open in early 2013.
• Please check our website for future announcements.
Click to download the Patients Rights and Responsibilities document
The School of Dental Medicine’s faculty, students and staff look forward to serving you in the near future.