New Patient Information
Greenville - Ross Hall
We are moving closer to the completion of Ross Hall, the primary clinical facility for the East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine located on MacGregor Downs Road in Greenville. In response to many people who have inquired about patient information, here are some basic facts:
• The dental school is part of an educational institution and will serve its mission to both educate dental students and dental residents and provide dental care for the greater Greenville community. The school and clinics will not be fully staffed for the next couple of years as a new class of students is added each year. The clinic operations will be phased in and clinics will be open on a limited basis for the foreseeable future.
• Patients will be screened first prior to acceptance into the dental student/ resident training programs. Patients must be screened to ensure suitability for the training programs and that we can handle your needs. The target date to begin screening patients is October 5,, 2012. Patients may call 252-737-7000 beginning September 28th to make an appointment for a screening evaluation. The hours of operation of the school clinics will be posted on this website when they are established.
• Patients accepted to the dental student and dental resident programs will be in need of treatment that provides an educational benefit to the students as well as benefit to the patients themselves. Regrettably, not all patients will be accepted to the student /resident programs. Patients will also have the opportunity to be served by the School of Dental Medicine faculty in the Faculty Practice, also located in Ross Hall.
• The fee for student dental services will be on average 50% to 60% lower than the usual and customary fees in private practice. Under the direct supervision of faculty dentists, dental students will complete the appropriate examinations, diagnoses, and treatment plan development and provide needed treatment. Dental treatment procedures take a longer time to perform in a dental school than a private office and patients should plan their time accordingly.
• The school will accept Medicaid and patients MUST pay the copay before being seen for an appointment. For non-Medicaid patients, payment will be accepted by cash, check, or credit card the same day as treatment is completed. The student clinics will not accept direct payment from any insurance other than Medicaid but our staff will provide the necessary forms to you to file insurance for your reimbursement.
• The Emergency Clinic will be by appointment only and will have limited days and hours of operation. This clinic is scheduled to open on or about November 7th and appointments will not be accepted until November 5th at which time patients can call the main number 252-737-7000.
• Please check our website for future announcements.
The School of Dental Medicine’s faculty, students and staff look forward to serving you in the near future.