Sports Medicine Fellowship
Fellow applicants should be in their final year of a primary care residency program or have completed a primary care residency program in family medicine, pediatrics, emergency medicine, PMR, or internal medicine. Applications for the fellowship program should be received by October 1st. Interviews will be completed by mid-December. Our fellowship program participates in the National Residency Match Program.
The following items should be included with each application...
- The universal application from the National Residency Match Program, available at http://www.amssm.org. We will also participate in ERAS starting July 2013. Please include your personal statement and CV with the application.
- Copy of your medical school dean's letter.
- Copy of medical school diploma.
- Copy of medical school transcipts.
- Copies of board examination scores.
- Copy of current medical license.
- Three letters of recommendation (one letter should be from your department chairman or residency director, and one letter should be from a supervising faculty member in sports medicine, if applicable).
- A statement that outlines your personal experiences in sports medicine, your goals for the fellowship, and your areas of interest in sports medicine.
NOTE: Before signing a contract, we recommend you view the following application documents and sample contract from our institution.
Send completed application to:
Sports Medicine Fellowship Program Coordinator
Department of Family Medicine
101 Heart Drive
Brody School of Medicine, Mail Stop 654
Greenville NC 27834
If you have additional questions, please contact us: