Nutrition Services & Patient Education
ECU Family Medicine Medical Nutrition Therapy
Medical Nutrition Therapy and Weight Management services provided by a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist are now reimbursed by many insurance programs.Check your policy for details.
We provide individual diet counseling for all ages and medical conditions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Youth and adult weight management
- Measurement and interpretation of Resting Energy Expenditure (REE) applied to meal planning
- Diabetes and metabolic syndrome management
- Cholesterol and blood pressure management
- Celiac disease and gluten intolerance
- Prenatal nutrition and breastfeeding support
- Food allergies and food sensitivities
- Health promotion and dietary supplements
- Sports nutrition
Weekly weight management classes are offered on Wednesday afternoons at 2 pm at no charge to ECU Family Medicine patients.Ask your physician for a referral.Patients may attend as often and for as long as they desire and continue their efforts to lose or maintain weight.
We are credentialed by the NC Blue Cross and Blue Shield to offer weight management services.ECU Physicians is credentialed by MedCost to provide services to Vidant Health employees.
Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, at the ECU Family Medicine Center. Patients may schedule an appointment by calling (252) 744-4611.