Nutrition Services & Patient Education
Members of Nutrition Services and Patient Education have received the following honors:
Kathy Kolasa, PhD, RD, LDN
- 2009 College of Human Ecology Legacy of Leadership Award, East Carolina University
- 2008 The Centennial Award for Excellence, Service. East Carolina University
- 2006 Community Hero. Pitt Partners for Health; "Friend of Child Nutrition", Pitt County Schools
- 2004 Appointed to the Study Committee on Childhood Obesity. North Carolina.
- 2002 Board of Governors Distinguished Professor for Teaching Award, East Carolina University.
- 2002 Brody School of Medicine, Master Educator.
- 2000 Dannon Institute Award for Excellence in Medical/Dental Nutrition Education.
Kay Craven MPH, RD, LDN, CDE
- Certified Diabetes Educator since 1996
- Juvenile Diabetes Association Volunteer of the Year 2001-2002
- Member Toastmasters International 1999-2001, Officer
- "I Make The Difference" award winner October 1997, Columbus Regional
- Phi Kappa Phi, Auburn University
- Omicron Nu National Honorary, Auburn University
Catherine Sullivan, MPH, RD, LDN, IBCLC, RLC
- 2004 Outstanding Alumnus, East Carolina University, Nutrition and Hospitality Management.
- 2003 Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year, North Carolina.