The Residency Council is a peer-selected group of residents representing all the Graduate Medical Education programs at Vidant Medical Center.
- To serve as a voice for residents – addressing, facilitating, and prioritizing concerns and desires of the residents.
- To provide a forum for open communication between the administration and residents.
- To ensure resident involvement in the continued strengthening and development of the residency programs at Vidant Health.
- To ensure resident involvement in the continued strengthening of patient care and quality of medical practice at Vidant Health through Medical Staff Committee Representation.
- To foster in all aspects, including empathy and knowledge, the growth and development of individual physicians in training at Vidant Health.
- To cultivate an environment of public service that results in bettering the state of those in need.
Contact a Resident Council Representative with questions, suggestions, and concerns. Residents are encouraged to run for election as a Resident Council Representative when new positions open annually.
|2013 - 2014 Chairs