Health Information Systems/Services offers EHR (Electronic Health Record) Training. This training will provide new employees with a basic introduction to the EHR, the Brody School of Medicine's Electronic Health Record. Hands on practice and additional training will need to be completed through the individual clinics once the employee returns to his/her work area.
HIS/S EHR Orientations are held the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of every month from 10 am - 5 pm in conjunction with BSOM New Employee Orientation. (The length of classes varies depending on the number of participants, level of access, etc.)
- 2012 BSOM EHR and Centricity Orientation Schedule
- ECUP EHR Training: Instructor led, hands-on training taught by the Clinical Applications Training Team of Health Information Systems/Services. Participants will learn how to access and navigate the electronic health record (EHR), review patient charts, document patient encounters and communicate with other providers and staff using InBasket. The training will consist of instructor-led sections as well as "on your own" hands-on activities with instructor support as needed. At the end of the session, participants will be required to pass a test with 80% accuracy or higher and sign an ECUP EHR User Agreement.
- New Employees Required to Attend ECUP EHR Training: Any employee who will be documenting in the patient chart including but not necessarily limited to: Providers, Extenders, RNs, MOAs/NAs, Social Workers, Nutritionists and Pharmacists.
- To Register for EHR Training: Employee's Supervisor or Authorized individual should submit a One Stop Request. This request is the mechanism through which you may enter all of the specifics for the new staff account. Other items that are necessary within the request are the staff member's date of birth, Banner ID, Job Title, Working Title, Department Name and Number, Supervisors Name and Number.
- EHR Orientation "View Only": Introduction and Access is an instructor led session taught by the Clinical Applications Training Team of HIS/S. "View Only" access allows employees to view patient records, schedules and In Basket. New Employees that should attend "View Only" training include all non-provider staff; Clinical Support Staff, Call Center Staff, Research Techs, etc.