The Division of General Internal Medicine provides clinical care to adults and educational direction to students and residents at the Brody School of Medicine. We are committed to these services for the patients and the trainees in eastern North Carolina.
The division provides the following services:
- Provide primary and comprehensive medical care for adults.
- Offer care that ranges from primary care and health maintenance to management of multi-system illnesses.
- Have access to the broad range of medical consultants throughout ECU Physicians.
- General Internal Medicine is also responsible for supervision of the bulk of inpatient general medical care. Our faculty attend on the inpatient services year-round, helping to facilitate a seamless treatment program between the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Faculty in general medicine offer some unique specialized care. There are individuals specially trained and certified in the practice of geriatrics, hypertension and acupuncture.