Our 2014 graduates are pursuing a variety of career options:
- 25% have secured fellowships
- 25% have chosen to continue at ECU/VMC as Chief Residents
- 10% are starting primary care careers
- 30% will be hospitalists, many of whom will continue on to fellowships
- 10% will go on to private practice/other
We are proud to report that over the last five years, 40-45% of our graduating class have gone on to subspecialty fellowship training, while approximately 20% have pursued primary care and 35-40% have pursued hospitalist occupations. Many of our residents who pursue hospitalist medicine have an interest in subspecialty training and plan to apply within 1-2 years from graduation.