We appreciate your interest in our Internal Medicine Residency Program at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Please note the following criteria for application to our program for the 2012-2013 Academic Year. In addition, please visit the Graduate Medical Education
website for more information on qualifications and application process.
Interviewed candidates must meet the following minimum criteria:
- Applications to the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University Internal Medicine Residency Program are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), which is available through the Dean's Office of your medical school or ECFMG.
- You must include your USMLE transcript, personal statement, and three letters of recommendation.
- Deadline for receipt of applications is December 1, 2011.
- Board scores of 196 and above are required on Step 1 and Step 2 of the USMLE with no more than 2 attempts.
- Clinical Skills (CS) Exam passed first attempt.
- Graduation cutoff from Medical School is 5 years.
- Applicants are notified of available interview dates through ERAS. We will begin the interview process November 10, 2011 – January 31, 2012.
- Lodging is arranged and paid for by the Department for the evening before your interview.
- Our hospital sponsors J-1 visas ONLY. No exceptions.
- US Medical experience expected.
- Only candidates who have passed USMLE Step 2 will be ranked.
Please visit the Graduate Medical Education website for more information regarding benefits, qualifications, and how to apply.
You may contact the Program Administrator at (252) 744-3682 for more information.