On applying to our INTERNAL MEDICINE program at ECU...
We appreciate your interest in our Internal Medicine Residency Program at the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Please note the following criteria for application to our program for the 2014-2015 Academic Year. In addition, please visit the Graduate Medical Education website for more information on qualifications and application process.
Interviewed Candidates MUST meet the following minimum criteria:
- Applications to the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University Internal Medicine Residency Program are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) (We do not accept any applications outside ERAS)
- ERAS is available through the AAMC Website
- You must include the following documents: USMLE Transcripts, Medical School Transcript, MSPE Dean's Letter, Personal Statement, and 3 or 4 Letters of Recommendation
- Minimum requirement of 196 on Step 1 and Step 2 of the USMLE Board Exams
- USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) Exam MUST be passed first attempt
- Graduation cutoff from Medical School is 5 years
- US Medical experience expected
- Deadline for receipt of applications is December 1, 2013
- Applicants are notified of available interview dates through ERAS
- We begin the interview process on November 7, 2013 – January 30, 2014 (Subject to Change)
- Lodging is arranged and paid for by the Vidant Medical Center for the evening before your interview
- Candidates are encouraged to join the residents for a dinner the night before Interview Day starting at 7 pm at selected restaurants
- Typical interview day begins at 7:30 am. Candidates begin the day by attending quick information session with Chief of Medicine or Chief Residents, then each applicant will have two 30-minute interviews with members of our faculty, interspersed will be the tour of the hospital and facilities followed by a catered lunch. Applicants will end their day after Noon (:15) Report. The interview day normally concludes around 2:00 pm.
- To plan your visit to Greenville please see our Greenville Community Page, Guide To Greenville and Map Information
- Please note the closest airport is Pitt-Greenville Airport (PGV) about 1.5 miles from Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, NC and Raleigh-Durham, NC International Airport (RDU) about 65 miles from Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, NC
- There will be a shuttle from the hotel to Vidant Medical Center on the day of the interview (Pending unforeseen circumstances)
- Only candidates who have interviewed and passed USMLE Step 2 will be ranked
Accepted Applicants through NRMP Match should follow these guidelines:
- Our hospital sponsors J-1 visas ONLY (No exceptions per hospital policy)
- Successfully complete both parts of USMLE Step 2 to start the program (Note: Applicants are urged to take both parts of USMLE Step 2 before March 1 as reporting of USMLE scores can take up to ~ 8-10 weeks)
- Chief Residents will contact you shortly after Match results in March
- Information packets will be sent to you with information to fill out
On applying to our sister combined program in INTERNAL MEDICINE/PEDIATRICS at ECU...
- For information about applying to the IM/Pediatrics program please contact Residency Program Coordinator (Tammy Jones) by:
On applying to our sister combined program in INTERNAL MEDICINE/EMERGENCY MEDICINE at ECU...
- For information about applying to the IM/EM program please contact Residency Program Coordinator (Donna M. Morgan) by:
On applying to our sister combined program in INTERNAL MEDICINE/PSYCHIATRY at ECU...
- For information about applying to the IM/Psychiatry program please contact Residency Program Coordinator by:
Please visit the Graduate Medical Education website at ECU/VMC to review more specific information regarding benefits, qualifications, and how to apply.
You may contact the Program Administrator at (252) 744-3682 for more information.