During the clinic visit, travelers will be counseled regarding health and health related issues that they might encounter during their trip. Discussions will be tailored based on a traveler's itinerary, length of stay and adventurous nature of the trip. Advice will include malaria and vaccine preventable diseases risk assessment. Additionally advise regarding water and food safety, insect precautions and accident and injury avoidance will be made. Travelers would be made aware of the occurrence of any disease outbreaks in their international destinations. Each traveler will be provided with printed information regarding health and health related issues in the destination country, requirements for vaccinations and information on the prevention of diarrhea disease and insect borne illnesses. Additionally, travelers will receive a copy of the Vaccine Information Statements (VI'S) for each vaccine administered.
Services provided in the travel clinic include (but not limited to):
* Immunizations for vaccine preventable diseases
* Medication for malaria prophylaxis, as appropriate for the planned itinerary
* Instruction and advice regarding insect repellents and insect protection
* Instructions for the management and treatment of travelers' diarrhea
* Advice regarding health related risks and prevention for the planned itinerary
* Post travel evaluation
* Issuance of the International Certificate of Vaccination "the yellow card"