Reserving Material for Classes
Laupus Library allows ECU faculty to place library materials (videos, books, articles, journals, etc.) that may be beneficial to their class on reserve so that everyone has access to them. Please remember the following when using our reserve service:
- To ensure copyright compliance library materials that are available electronically must be made available to your students via a Blackboard course link.
- Please allow 2 weeks from the time form is submitted and material is available until they are available for students to view.
- Material is made available for reserve on a semester basis. Reserve links will be removed when the semester is over.
- We will not distribute a video unless it has been purchased or created "in house" for educational use. We reserve the right to refuse distribution of video to anyone.
- You are responsible for obtaining and keeping the copyright permission for any copyrighted material you place on reserve. A good place to obtain copyright permission is the Copyright Clearance Center. Visit them on the web at www.copyright.com or call them at (978) 750-8400.
- Materials available on the Laupus online collections will not be eligible for processing.
- If you have any questions regarding this service feel free to contact Alexis Moye at (252) 744-6614.