Who can reserve rooms in the library?
ECU students, faculty or staff with current university ID can reserve rooms in the library.
What rooms are available for reservation?
We have a variety of rooms available accommodating small and large groups alike. More information on these rooms can be found on our Meeting Area page.
- Room 2546 - seats approx. 6; table, whiteboard, LCD w/computer
- Room 3503; classroom seating for 30; smart podium, projection system & screen; sound system
- Room 3510 - seats approx. 12; large LCD
- Room 3532 - seats 4; table & chalkboard
- Room 3534 - seats 4; table & chalkboard
- Room 3536 - seats 4; table & chalkboard
How long can rooms be reserved for?
- Two (2) hours maximum per day, per person
- Reservations must be made at least two (2) hours in advance of time room is needed.
- Reservations are held 15 minutes for a group to assemble; if the group is not present after 15 minutes the reservation will be considered “cancelled” and the room will become available.
- Leaving items in a room does not “reserve” that room.
- Reservations cannot be made more than 30 days in advance.
What are the rules for our reserved room use?
- All study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis unless reserved.
- Reservations take priority over walk-in users. Patrons will be asked to arrive and vacate study rooms promptly and as reserved. Likewise, patrons using the study rooms on a first come, first served basis will be asked to vacate the room if it is reserved by others.
- Personal software may not be installed on the computer in room 2546.
- Conduct such as conversations, activities or phone calls in all study rooms should be quiet or silent, and courteous of other library users.
- Reservations will be reviewed by library staff.
- Laupus Library not responsible for items left in rooms.
Reservations may be made online at the Laupus Library website, please contact the service desk if you have any questions.