NC-STeP has developed a Telepsychiatry "Portal" which is a group of separate but related technologies that serve as the primary interface through which data is collected, reviewed, and organized regarding patient telepsychiatry encounters. The portal supports all the health information technology (HIT) functions required of the telepsychiatry network including:
- Scheduling of patients and providers
- Exchanging clinical data for patient care in a secure environment
- Collection of encounter data to support the needs of network managers and billing agents
- Support timely referrals resulting in more timely encounters
- NC Hospital Association Psychiatric and Substance Abuse Bed Board linkage
Our success lies in the collaborative efforts of the network participants and the vendor's flexibility to develop, implement and utilize the "portal" as envisioned.