Beta Nu Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing works to advance world health and celebrates nursing excellence in scholarship, leadership and service.
Established in 1974, the distinguished Beta Nu chapter is an energetic organization with more than 500 active members. It is one of only two chapters worldwide to have earned 12 Sigma Theta Tau Chapter Key Awards, which recognize chapters that successfully recruit and retain members, generate publicity and programming, provide leadership development, and foster international collaboration.
Find complete details on the Beta Nu website.
Membership in Beta Nu is by invitation to baccalaureate and graduate students who demonstrate academic excellence and to nurse leaders who have made significant contributions to nursing.
Learn more about joining Beta Nu.
Beta Nu organizes and participates in a variety of projects each year, including:
- Providing a nursing student scholarship and mentorshipto the Faculté des Sciences Infirmières de l'Université Episcopale d'Haïti in Léogâne (Faculty of Nursing Science of the Episcopal University of Haiti)
- Making donations to the Clean Water Project: An International Partnership to Improve Health in Guatemala, which has provided water filters to more than 70 families
- Coordinating Scout Out Nursing Day, which provides local Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts with a fun-filled day of learning about nursing
- Collaborating with the local medical center and area health education consortium to provide the annual Collaborative Research Day conference
- Providing scholarships and research grants supporting members' educational and research endeavors
Dr. Candace Harrington