Commencement weekend is a tradition-filled and unforgettable time for honoring and celebrating students' years of hard work. This page will help you learn how to prepare for this special event.
Apply for Graduation
All students (undergraduate and graduate) must apply for graduation using Banner Self Service. Undergraduate students must apply at least two semesters and graduate students at least one semester prior to completing the requirements of the degree. Learn more and apply by visiting the
Office of the Registrar online.
Caps, Gowns, Hoods and Regalia
Undergraduate students can obtain caps and gowns free of charge from
ECU Student Stores. Graduate students can purchase caps, gowns, hoods and regalia from
ECU Student Stores. Students who wish to purchase optional graduation pins and invitations should contact
CON Student Services to coordinate their orders.
ECU Commencement Exercises
For information about ECU's commencement exercises, visit the
ECU Commencement website.
College of Nursing Convocation
The College of Nursing will hold its 2017 fall semester convocation exercises at 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 15 in Williams Arena in Minges Coliseum.
Please note the following information about the college's convocation:
- Graduates are allowed to invite as many guests as desired. Tickets are not required.
- Parking will be available near the coliseum without permit. Handicapped parking is available near the coliseum.
- Guests are asked to enter using the main entrance off the parking lot. Guest seating is on the second floor of the building.
Student Instructions for the college's convocation:
- You should arrive dressed in your cap and gown.
- You may not decorate your cap for this ceremony (purchase multiple caps if you wish to decorate your cap for the ECU ceremony).
- Students will line up in alphabetical order by program (by concentration for master's-level students). There will be signs to help you locate your group.
- Undergraduate students: In class prior to convocation, you will receive instructions and a
pink card that you will bring with you to the event.
- Graduate and RN to BSN students: Prior to convocation, you will receive two cards via U.S. mail. You will complete the
green card and return it, letting the college know whether or not you will participate in the program. (Note that
apply for graduation
to receive these cards and be considered for participation in the college convocation.) If you plan to attend the college convocation, you will complete and bring the other card you receive with you. As you cross the stage, you will hand your card to the speaker to have your name announced.
- Graduate students, you will carry your hood on your right arm as you step on the stage.
If you have questions about convocation exercises, contact
Erin Rogers at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-744-6477.