ENC RIBN Overview
The mission of
Regionally Increasing Baccalaureate Nurses is to improve the health and health outcomes of North Carolinians by enhancing the educational preparation and diversity of the nursing workforce. The program provides a four-year nursing option that concurrently enrolls students in a Community College and a University - where they complete both their Associate Degree in Nursing and Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Click here to watch a video about the value of the RIBN program.
The Eastern North Carolina RIBN program dually admits students to East Carolina University and one of these seven local community colleges that partner with the ECU College of Nursing.
Students In the ENC RIBN Track:
- Spend the first three years at the community college campus along with at least one online course per semester at East Carolina University.
- Receive their Associate Degree in Nursing at the end of their third year.
- After passing the state licensure exam, progress to the fourth year of the program.
- Complete fourth-year course work online at East Carolina University in the RN to BSN program.
What Are the Advantages of RIBN for Students?
- Completion of BSN degree within four years.
- Less expensive than attending a four-year university-based pre-licensure program.
- Added support with a RIBN student success advocate available to assist program participants.
- Option to work part-time as a registered nurse during the fourth year.
email@example.com, or Phone: 252-744-6470