RIBN Admission Requirements
Students must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the program:
- Four units of English
- Two units of social studies (one in US history)
- Four units of mathematics (algebra I, algebra II, geometry, and an advanced unit of mathematics beyond algebra II)
- Three units of science (life science, physical science, and a laboratory course; biology and chemistry preferred)
- Two units of a language other than English
- To be eligible for admission to the RIBN program a student must have a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
Students must take either the SAT or ACT for admission to ENC RIBN.
- The SAT score in critical reading must meet the minimum score of 490 or higher to be considered for admission to ENC RIBN. Students scoring less than 490 in the writing or math component of the SAT must meet the minimum score requirement on the
Accuplacer. Follow this link for SAT testing information.
- The ACT score in reading and English must meet the minimum score of 21 or higher to be considered for admission to ENC RIBN. Students scoring less than 21 in the math or writing section must meet the minimum score requirements on the
Accuplacer. Follow this link for ACT testing information.
Prior to entering year two of the ENC RIBN curriculum, each student must have a criminal background check.
Community College Admission Criteria
Click on the community college of your choice to learn about its admission requirements.