October 1 – Students may begin submitting applications. January 10 – Deadline for application submission and payment, 5:00 pm EST
All of the properly submitted applications will be reviewed and a pool of applicants will be selected and invited to complete Phase Two of the application process. Those invited applicants will receive notification by email. Applicants not selected to participate in Phase Two will begin receiving official letters via postal mail from the Graduate School with denial of acceptance into the occupational therapy program in mid-February.
- Graduate School application must be paid for and submitted
- Transcripts, letters of recommendation, and GRE scores will be given an additional 7 days for submission.
- Students should use an email address that is current and that is checked regularly
End of January- Early February
- Pool of applicants will be invited to complete Supplemental Application and Electronic Interview through the identified email in the application.
- Approximately 10-14 days will be allowed for completion of the Supplemental Application and Electronic Interview
Final Review of Applications
- During the month of February, the Phase Two applications will be reviewed. This process typically takes 3-4 weeks for all applications to be reviewed.
- It is important for Applicants to select an e-mail address that is active and that they check on a regular basis to be active and informed with the selection process.
- The ECU Occupational Therapy Admissions Committee will determine Accepted Students for the next cohort who will be officially notified by postal mail of their acceptance.
- Due to the length of processing time for each application, an unofficial notification of the Accepted Students is usually sent in early March by email prior to the official postal letter. This email notification allows students time to make decisions regarding their acceptance into the ECU MSOT program more quickly.
- Students who are selected for the Alternate List will be notified by email in early March. As seats in the program become available, the Alternate List students will be notified by email if/when they are accepted. They will also be notified by email once all of the seats in the program have been filled. It is not until AFTER this email notification that they will receive an official decision letter from the Graduate School.
- Students who are NOT notified by email at this time, are not on the Accepted Student list OR the Alternate List. However, there are rare occasions where the Alternate List may be exhausted and the next remaining applicant in Phase Two is offered a position.
Mid-March – Early April
- The Admissions Committee and Director of Admissions will select students for the program based on the list of Accepted Student and Alternate List. Since each student is given a window of time to make a decision, this process may take a few weeks. This depends on how quickly students respond with their decisions. Approximately two weeks AFTER all selections have been made, ALL remaining applicants will receive an official decision letter (both accepted and denied applicants) from the Graduate School.
We recognize this is a lengthy process, but since all applications are important to us, we process and review them carefully. All official decision letters are completed individually. Once a decision is made on an application, it still takes 1-2 weeks for the decision letter to be processed through the Graduate School to be mailed to the applicant.Please be patient with the process and contact the Graduate School to ensure your application is complete for Phase One and if you do not hear by mid February about whether or not you have been denied entry or have been asked to Phase Two.We encourage students to contact the processor of their application with the Graduate School during Phase One of the application process. In Phase Two of the process, we encourage students to contact email@example.com with relevant questions or concerns.